Mum was looking through some old photos of me with Aunty Sue during breakfast. Most people would be ashamed if their mum did this, but I’m okay with it. Honestly! I’m happy I have baby photos. I was in hospital a lot as a baby because of my haemophilia, and my dad never really had the chance to take many happy snaps.
Mum told Aunty Sue how I had to be tested for haemophilia because of our family history. She said that she knew it was more than likely I would have it, but she still hoped that I would be spared. I had to have a complete blood test after I was born, because mum didn’t get a prenatal test. The results came back positive (obviously) for haemophilia. Mum said she was still shocked about it, even though she expected it. She had considered getting other tests done to be absolutely sure, like a prothrombin time (PT) or a partial thromboplastin time (PTT) or even getting my factor VIII and IX levels checked. But she knew that no matter what testing got done, it wouldn’t change the fact that I had haemophilia.
Oh! I have to go now. I’ll be back soon blog, with a meatier post.
Labels: diagnosis, haemophilia
0 comment(s): leave a comment
